OraiBridge Subnet goes live on OraiDEX
It’s showtime! The OraiBridge Subnet has just started with our first Genesis nodes to enable secure cross-chain transfers of assets & better experiences for users!
Early supported tokens include:
- ORAI (Native ORAI, BEP-20 ORAI) and;
- AIRI (Native AIRI, BEP-20 AIRI)
Supported directions with timeline:
- From BNB Chain to Oraichain: available now with an unlimited amount of tokens;
- From Ethereum to Oraichain: will be available next week;
- From Oraichain to BNB Chain, Ethereum: will be supported in mid-May.
→ As demonstrated right above, OraiBridge at the current stage is supporting only the one-sided bridge from the Oraichain network to BSC first with an unlimited amount of tokens.
Having the highest security level is always of great importance when it comes to cross-chain token bridging. To ensure the security at its best, OraiBridge will be gradually functional in the upcoming updates, enabling the opposite direction and to other chains as well, in which Ethereum will definitely be the next. At the moment, we would like to have Kucoin as an alternative bridge.
In addition, we are excited and thankful to announce that there are 40 candidates submitting the OraiBridge Subnet Validators registration form (up until now), including many highly experienced individuals in the blockchain space.
→ For those who have signed up to become an OraiBridge Subnet validator, we would like to welcome your onboarding in the next two weeks. Please wait for the next update which provides a specific timeline & steps to start being an important contributor to our subnetwork.
How to bridge ORAI (or AIRI) from the Oraichain network to BSC?
- Visit https://oraidex.io/ and connect both Keplr and Metamask wallet;
- In the Bridge section, select the exact token types in the From and To columns;
- Enter the Amount and click Transfer. You might need to wait for the transaction to complete.
OraiBridge Subnet Information
- Network name: OraiBridge Subnet
- Consensus: Delegated Proof-of-Stake, with validators and delegators
- Token name: ORAIB
- Converting rate: 1 ORAIB = 1 ORAI
- Estimated APR on OraiBridge Subnet: ~29% (same as on Mainnet)
- DAO power: expectedly same as ORAI (to be announced in details)